Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Birthday


I had a wonderful birthday. It fell on a Saturday this year, which meant a little extra pampering on Justin's part. I was trying to decide if I wanted to wake up early and go exercise or sleep in. The week leading up to it, was a rought week for our family a LOT of sickness and I spent many nights up with the kids, I choose to sleep in, it was heavenly. I woke up to several homemade cards, compliments to Keanna, pushed under my bedroom door. I walked downstairs and Justin had waffles waiting for me, was a great guy!
Originally, we were going to have a babysitter come over and we would go out, but Ayla was too sick for this. Justin stayed home with the girls and I went to Amberg and did a little shopping, it was nice and relaxing.
My neighbors came over later that afternoon and brought me some chocolates and roses. It was so thoughtful of them. It's been a delight getting to know them through a variation of charades and my choppy German. I am positive they will be life long friends.
That night Justin made dinner and we had a pecan pie (I don't like cake). Pecan pie is a special treat we get once a year, on my birthday. It was a great day thanks to a great husband. I have one more year left in my 20's! Wow, time flys!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

Happy Birthday Emily. It sounds like it was great and I would also pick sleep over working out.

Matt said...

I happen to know for a FACT that you LOVE cake. Chocolate cake, in a bowl, with milk poured on top of it.

(I happen to love pecan pie, too, though. But I don't belive any of this bunk about you not liking cake!).

Sorry we didn't call and wish you happy birthday. Rebecca and I both thought of you on your day and we miss you!