Friday, March 28, 2008
Keanna at Museum Island showing us her charm
Does anyone recognize this picture. HINT look at the chocolate blog.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
A good historical site is Check Point Charlie. This is an entrance/exit between the East and the West side. Here is a museum which is full of accounts of brave individuals trying to escape East Berlin. Many died trying to escape.
The sign as you enter the West Berlin side
This picture of a Soviet Soldier, is hung at the entrance of the East Berlin side, as a remembrance. On the entrance to the West side, they have a picture of an American Soldier.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Behind Keanna and myself is a chocolate church and another chocolate building. The original church can be found in Berlin. This church was bombed during WWII and never rebuilt.
Here is Justin and Ayla standing next to the chocolate German Parliament building. Pay special attention to this picture a replica will be in an upcoming posts.
CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS ALL CHOCOLATE!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Here are some pictures of our cute Keanna braving the cold!
Friday, March 7, 2008
5 Places I've Lived
- Sandy Utah, I grew up here
- Poway California, I lived here after High School during the summer and then moved back after my 1st year of college
- Rexburg Idaho. I went to school here
- Logan Utah, after we got married Justin and I went to school here
- Portland Oregon, we spent 4 years here living in 3 different apartment.
What I was Doing 10 Years Ago
I was a Junior in High School. In November I had done the Pirates of Penzance (I looked like a gay pirate), for spring break we went on a choir tour to Kentucky all the way down to Florida! We went to Disney World! I was called into the Seminary Council and VERY nervous about that. I was crushing on about 10 boys!
5 things on my To Do list
- Get everything ready for the RS Birthday dinner for Thursday, YIKES
- get a present for Ayla's 2nd birthday (its in a month, but living overseas you need to be ahead of the game)
- Pack and get ready for our upcoming trip. We leave on Friday
- clean the bathrooms
- fold laundry
5 Things I'll Do When I Strike it Rich
- Pay tithing and some other donations
- pay off our debt school loans and car
- put money aside for a house and a dental practice
- put money into retirement
- buy some furniture
5 Jobs I've Had
- Sandwich Artist at Hogi Yogi
- loan specialist at a bank
- apartment manager
5 Memories I Have with my Family
- Easter at Zions national park
- getting our dog shawnee and having arguments about her name with my brothers. My sister and I were determined to have her name be shawnee.
- our many camping trips
- unloading the car every Saturday after my Mom went grocery shopping
- Me taunting my brothers to say naughty words while I was tape recording them. To try to get them in trouble
5 Bad Qualities/Habits
- I leave the cupboards open in the kitchen
- My nose perpetually drips!! Its a little gross.
- I am addicted to chocolate. I am worse then my sister in law, I do more then just eat a cookie every now and then, its more like ALL THE TIME.
- I don't rinse off my toothbrush that well (according to my sweetie)
- I am terrible at mailing things off. There have been numerous christmases where I prepare letters, put them in envelopes, address them and then they just sit on the counter, then in a cupboard. Six months later I throw them out.
5 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I have a small "freckle" above my knee. I swear I got it when I was a little girl at dinner time. My mom had just made meatballs and it fell onto my leg, burning me! I don't know if this is really true, but I sure do think so.
- I love boating. I didn't do a ton of it growing up. However, after living with my aunt and uncle for a summer I fell in love with boating!
- I have about 4 years of experience of being a sandwich artist. Working at Hogi Yogi and Subway. Urghh!
- When I want something I get it. After dating my husband for awhile I finally asked if he would give me a hug.
- When I was 13 or so I worked with my friend Jennifer for one week in Wyoming at a farm/ranch. We scrubbed troughs, dug holes, stained decks and crushed on boys. I don't think I was the best ranch hand.
Who eats more? Justin
Who said I love you first? I did in June, he waited until November!!! Let me tell you that's an akward 6 months.
Who sings better? Justin says I do, he just doesn't care to sing much
Who is taller? Justin is at 6' 2'', I'm almost 5' 10''
Whose temper is worse? Mine. Justin is so irritating he doesn't even fight back.
Who does the laundry? Mostly me. Justin will help fold and put away.
Who does the dishes? Overall I do most. However, at night we both pitch in. I am much faster!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? From the perspective of being in the bed, I'm on the right.
Who is more stubborn? .
Who proposed? Justin. He was so cute and nervous that I saw it coming.
Whose parents do we see more often? For the time, nobody. Who wants to buy a plane ticket?
Who pays the bills? I do and I love it! I love the feeling of getting a bill paid.
Who wears the pants in the family? I think its an even split. Justin thinks I wear the pants does that mean he wears the skirt? Justins explanation to why I where the pants is "I get more uptight about things, so basically whatever I says goes."
Why do I love my husband? I can tell Justin anything and he still loves me. He wants me to feel good about myself and supports me in those things that make me a better person. He is kind, thoughtful and sensitive to others. He is a great dad and a great husband!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
We carpooled to a small town out of Wurzburg with our friends the Hensons. Talking with the Hensons was one of the best parts of the night. We had a good meal, learned about some of the military traditions and enjoyed some dancing, it was a good night.
The highlight of the night for me was seeing my cousin Jory! I knew he didn't live far from me and we haven't been able to see him. It's been over 7 years since I have seen him and it was fun catching up.