Sunday, March 2, 2008

Prince Charming

On Saturday Justin and I had the opportunity to get dressed up and go to the DENTAC Ball. During the previous weeks I naively shopped every store in Amberg looking for a dress. Much to my dismay I didn't find a formal. I made whatever in my closet work.
Above is Justin and I before the big Ball! Below is a family picture. I must admit it was fun having my own Prince Charming for the night. Justin looked very handsome.
We carpooled to a small town out of Wurzburg with our friends the Hensons. Talking with the Hensons was one of the best parts of the night. We had a good meal, learned about some of the military traditions and enjoyed some dancing, it was a good night.


The highlight of the night for me was seeing my cousin Jory! I knew he didn't live far from me and we haven't been able to see him. It's been over 7 years since I have seen him and it was fun catching up.

9 comments:

Jen said...

YOu look beautiful!!! Nothing like a night out on the town with your hubby. I look forward to date night every week :):)

Carina said...

You both look amazing, that looks like so fun, I love getting all dressed up and going out!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

You both look awsome!! What a fun night. I am so glad you can get out and enjoy the sights and each other. Especially dressed like that.

Kristine said...

I am glad that you guys decided to go! I want to hear all about it! I loved seeing Justin in his dress blues. I need to find a reason to get Steve to wear his :-)

The Rich's said...

Wow. You guys look so happy. What a fun night for the both of you. I love date nights. Most of our date nights are at home watching a movie but it is so important to designate time to each other. Marcella

MattnBeck said...

I am so happy to see you and Justin getting lots of quality time together. You've earned it!
I thought I would give you a heads up that I unofficially tagged you. I apologize. I know you've already been tagged before. I was supposed to tag 5 people, but I only knew 2! So, if you want to answer a few questions of your choosing, check out our blog. --Rebecca

Daisha said...

by the way you guys look great! can you or other military families use expired coupons . . . i keep reading about how military familes can still use them.

Holly said...

Emily, I do know Regina! They are in our ward and Adam is our HT - their two youngest boys are about the ages of our boys, and of course, their oldest is Calvin, which certainly peaked our interest with Ash & Dan's little Cal. we've had a lot of fun with them... I'll tell her you say hello! :) Thanks for saying hi - fun to catch up! Holly

M said...

Em, you look like a Princess with your Prince Charming. Jason only has the Class A's that are green and they don't fit. I guess he'll get the dress blues when the Army issues them to him. He would rather wear his ACU's anyway.
Melody