Friday, March 28, 2008

A walk down Unter Der Linden

Brandenburg Gate (1791) there were once 14 gates similar to this that stood in Berlins old city wall. This gate stood unused in East Berlin, once standing on the "death strip."



We continued on our way onto the street of Unter Den Linden. We were enjoying sites such as the Hotel Adlon and Russian embassy when Keanna told us that she needed to go "po, po!!!!" and she needed to go NOW! We changed or gears from a stroll into a light jog and began our search for a WC. Eventually, we reached Museum Island and found a WC. Everyone was generous enough to let Keanna cut in line and she made it to the toilet, just in time!!!! Phew!



Museum Island was beautiful. We enjoyed the architecture, took a few pictures and enjoyed some hot chocolate. Justin and I vowed we would someday return to Berlin, by ourselves, and visit the many museums.Berliners Dom in Museum Island

Keanna at Museum Island showing us her charm

3 comments:

Tyson and Amanda said...

These pics are so amazing! It stinks for you guys to be so far away, but you are having such great experiences! The fam all looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

MattnBeck said...

I'll hug you too, Em! I love seeing the pictures from your travels around. I also like that it's a 'wc' now and not a bathroom. :)