Saturday, November 3, 2007

Girls Day Trip!!!





The one thing I wanted to buy once we came to Europe was some Polish Pottery. The only dinner set we have ever owned was an old one from my mother, we were down to 4 bowls. I figured we were due for a dinner set.

This morning Saturday Nov 3 I left our home at 4:30 am. About 5:00 I met up with 6 other friends piled in a van and we began our adventure to Poland. We drove about 4 hours and then began our long day of shopping.

We went to 6 different shops and sorted through about a million pieces of pottery. Its difficult to get a lot of pieces in one pattern, so instead I found some patterns that looked good together. We shopped until about 3:30. By this time I found myself struggling to see any differnce in patterns and we were all ready to go.

The ride home was a riot, we laughed and talked the entire time. Definitely we need to have more girls days out.

4 comments:

Carina said...

I love your dishes, they are so original. Next time I go to Europe I may have to plan for Poland just so I can get some great dishes too! And they have a great story!

Amber said...

I love the dishes! Great choices!

Daisha said...

I love them. Gald you had a fun day. I'm sure you're so happy to have a husband that is around more!

fel said...

very cool emily. the dishes are beautiful and how special that they are from poland - instead of target. ;) very nice :)

oh, and i read your blog on adulthood, and i totally agree - as a non-adult. ;)