Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wed Part II, Monkeys in Gibraltor

Gibraltor is a small city at the bottom of Spain which is part of Great Britain. Below is a google picture to show you just how close Gibraltor and Africa are seperated by the strait of Gibraltor.
Tour guides say this is the only place in the world you can see to 2 seas and 2 continents at the same time.



These 2 pictures I stole off the internet just to give you an idea of what it was like.





After Justin and Lyndi woke up we decided to head to Gibraltor. Although it was a perfect trip for a recovering Dad, the clouds made it a little dreary. We took a tram to the top of the Rock of Gibraltor and from this point we were unable to see the continent of Africa, we could hardly see our children passing in front of us. Thank goodness the apes were there, otherwise it would have been a sad day.




This was as close as I could coax the girls to get to the apes

I promise Africa is just beyond the clouds.





The tram wouldn't take us to the famous ape spot so we decided to hike down instead.


Ayla was a little nervous

The view of Gibraltor as we walked down the mountain
and then we reached the adorable apes.




Lyndi and the little monkey sizing each other up

This little guy was fascinated with my bobby pins and frustrated that he couldn't remove them


I admit I didn't enjoy him pulling my hair


After the first monkey jumped off a second monkey jumped on my back. I thought it was funny, but Ayla did not and was ready to go.
Not long after we began walking down it began to pour rain. I tucked Lyndi in my jacket and Ayla had an umbrella. The rest of us were drenched. It rained the entire walk to our car.
I was so proud of Keanna she walked the entire way, soaked to the bone and didn't complain once. She earned her ice cream that evening.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

that picture with Lyndi sitting with her little sweater on is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love the curls around her face. It's too bad about the weather. That happened to us in Switzerland. We went in the fog and saw NO MOUNTAINS anywhere!!

Daisha said...

What a cool experience with those apes. My kids would have been scared too. What a neat afternoon.

likeschocolate said...

I don't blame her though cute they make me nervous. Gorgeous view.