Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nerja, the LAST Spain post

We visited Nerja, really just another Spanish Fishing Town. I loved this town because it felt like Spain. We ventured out of the touristy places and found the most satisfying places.

Lyndi was very tired and hung to my legs during lunch.
Notice the hanging flower pots and the blue tile work in the background, VERY Spanish!

I LOVE the doors in Spain. Someday, I will model one of my own doors after my many memories. This was one of the many local doors that was the entry into a home.

It doesn't get any better then these adorable locals stading in there doorway. They were talking in the doorway as we walked by and happily let me snap a picture. We walked down a street and you could look into their homes. I resisted taking pictures, now that's just rude.




Nerja is famous for what is called "The balcony of Europe." These last pictures are of us enjoying the windy, but beautiful views.

This area was certainly the most touristy of areas. I think most come here look around and go to the next destination. They really missed out!




Keanna posing like King Alfonso XII. After a terrible earthquake which killed many locals he came here and helped build this area up again.




My tanned bleached blonde beauty

blue skies, clear water gorgeous mountains and beaches.

Throughout our visits we saw many of these old cannons. My guess was they were used to fight off the Pirates from the South.



This was the perfect place to end our vacation





I really do LOVE Spain

The Balcony of Europe host many "performers." I have seen quite a few in my day, but this individual was the most memorable. He sang "Losing my Religion" by REM. He was a little flat, very nasally and had the Spanish lisp. I wish we would have brought our video camera. Justin gives a good impression, next time you see him ask him to give it to you.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Seriously a gorgeous town. Skip the big city and head straight for this town.

Bekah said...

I love it. Your girls are really growing up!