Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sevilla

I think Rick Steves sums up Sevilla perfectly
"Sevilla dosen't have ambience, it is ambience."

This is the perfect city to just wander around and enjoy the rich Old World Charm and smell the vibrant Orange Blossoms. Definetely, one of my favorite cities.

I love how children can find a way to "play" where ever they are.




Lyndi enjoying a little lunch




The girls spent a lot of time playing on these iron chains. Great entertainment.



This picture is taking in the Patio Banderas these yellow and white buildings once housed the Kings body guards.

There were so many things I love about Sevilla the blooming arches

the vibrant smell of orange blossoms wherever you walked

the wrought iron railing and strong wood doors.

We were able to find a park and the girls had a fun time playing.



Just as I was taking pictures of Lyndi Ayla expressed that she had to go potty. If the children need to go #1, then we simply find a grassy corner and help them to not get urine on their clothes. However, Ayla needed to do more then go #1. We quickly picked up the kids and started to back track in search of a proper toilet. On our journey back I saw so many beautiful things, but I didn't take any pictures. We ended up back at the Cathedral and Giralda Bell Tower and paid our fee's to enter and use the toilet. I nearly fell over in disbelief as Ayla sat over the toilet and let out a few toots and her "business" was done. Sometimes it's really tricky to tell. However, we decided to tour the Cathedral.


This cathedral was special because it held Columbus' tomb. He was first buried in Spain, then the Dominican Republic, Cuba and then around 1900 back to Spain. Sevillian's are very proud to have Columbus in there city recently they even had his DNA tested to prove that these are the actual remains of Christopher himself.





After looking through the cathedral we were all walking outside to a court of Orange Tree's. Once we arrived outside we noticed that Ayla was missing. Justin stayed in the court and went back inside to look for her. It was the worst feeling I searched for about 15 minutes and I could not find her anywhere (this is the longest I have lost a child). After searching the entire cathedral I returned to find Ayla with Justin in the court of the Orange Tree's. 5 minutes earliar a man had brought Ayla to him. I was so grateful to have Ayla safe with me and we decided ice cream was the only reasonable thing to do.


After ice cream we decided it was time to drive home. We had a big day of travel ahead of us and a lot of packing. I left wanting more of Sevilla and feeling sad we couldn't spend more time. It was an incredible city and this is one of those places I could certainly go back to.

No comments: