Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Salzburg, Day 1


To prepare for Salzburg I thought it natural to have us all watch the Sound of Music. Much to my pleasure, the entire family liked it. We couldn't help but hum the familiar tunes throughout the next couple days.






Before we got started on our tour of Salzburg we decided it would be a good idea to sit down, with a good view and eat some snacks.






I think Ayla was feeling a little sick this day. Either Justin or myself held Ayla almost the entire day. Carrying 30+ pounds around all day, shouldn't I have strong arm muscles? I guess all of that German chocolate is covering up those muscles.


This cemetry inspired Hollywood's cemetry on the Sound of Music. Here is Keanna giving her best hiding, I'm scared the Nazi's will get me look.



The girls enjoying a chocolate covered pretzel.




This red car, I think its a farari, stopped so Justin could take this picture. Justin took these pictures knowing Tanner would enjoy them.




The day has finally come to the end and Ayla is finally walking by herself. What a beautiful view.

12 comments:

Daisha said...

Do you ever feel like you are living in a dream? I never thought I'd want to live over seas, but your pictures and stories might just make me change my mind!

Carly said...

Wow guys, that's so exciting you are in Germany!!
(this is tom isaacsons daughter, carly, just to let you know!! our blog is private but you can email me carlycarlson@gmail.com so i can invite you!!)
I found you guys off of one of the other binghams blogs! :)

Tanner Family Blog said...

I love it!!! And with the music too!! I would love to go to those places if we come over! I will show Nathan the cars when he gets home - he can play pretend and think he will some day drive them!

Also - that is the biggest pretzel I have ever seen! Yummy!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

I love the music with the pictures. It really puts you in the zone. How fun! I especially love that chocolate covered pretzel!! I am all over that.

Ashley said...

So does Justin ever work? It seems like you guys are just going from one place to the next. I am so jealous!

Tyra said...

The girls are getting such a great education living in Europe. What a fantastic time for your family. That pretzel looked so good--bread and chocolate--two of my favorites.

Dan and Ashley said...

That looks like SUCH a fun little trip! Man, I'm sure you guys hear it all the time, but I am totally jealous! :) It looks so fun to get to tour all over Europe and experience so many new things. I'm so glad you guys are taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity! I just wish we could come visit! ;)

McAllister Family said...

What a fun trip! You are making so many amazing memories together! I love reading about all of your adventures and seeing the pictures of your beautiful family.

Tanner Family Blog said...

You are in Germany and the best car you can find to photograph is Italian? Tsk Tsk Tsk. Justin keep your eyes open for the new BMW M1 or the Audi RS8. The M1 will hit the streetd in 2011, but prototypes are making the circuit in euro auto shows. The RS8 is the souped up verison of the R8 we can get in the states with a lamborghini engine. You just need to pick up a porsche this summer so when I come to visit I can crash it on the bahn. -Nathan

Bekah said...

What a fun trip!!!! I lived in Salzburg for 9 months from Sept - May while on my mission. What a wonderful city to visit.

mariann and Tory said...

Your blog is just amazing! Those choc pretzels look sooo yummy!

likeschocolate said...

Yummy prezels! I want some. I have never seen those before. Amen to the chocholate. Let's just say my gym and I have a date when we get home. I love Salzburg. It is such a beautiful city. If you ever have a chance to go back you should go to the salt mines. I want to take my boys there.