Saturday, June 7, 2008

Learning to sit and enjoy


Sometimes I get too busy and I just need to sit and enjoy the moments. Today Keanna and I were shopping for some well needed church dresses (mini skirts and popping buttons aren't appropriate at church). Keanna behaved and earned herself an icecream cone. I tried to shuffle her through the town center to hurry and get home. She asked if we could just sit. I impatiently sat down at the nearest table and waited for her to slowly lick her melting mango delight. However, something happened I stopped and listened to the little band playing music, I felt the warm breeze blowing through my hair and appreciated my amazing surroundings. Thanks Keanna!

5 comments:

Lee&Tami: Their life said...

The spirit works the same - we need to stop and listen - otherwise wonderful inspirations will pass us by.
What a great lesson.

mariann and Tory said...

I can honestly say I have done the same thing! I am used to go-go-go attitude! I definately need to slow down and enjoy the surroundings more!
P.S. I love the pictures you post! Could they BE anymore gorgeous!
P.P.S.We are living in S. Utah now

Krista S said...

I totally agree with you. I am totally guilty of always being on the go and not just stopping to enjoy the finer things in life. Good thing our kids are here to sometimes teach us lessons:)!!

Tanner Family Blog said...

Look at your stylin shades and cute shirt!!! Wish we were together to go shopping!

I love this post! Totally agree - it's fun to just sit and enjoy those little moments. Like sitting in my living room chairs and talking for hours! hee hee

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Shopping with mom is the best! I am so happy for you to have such a wonderful day with your cute girl. What a great mom! Sitting and relaxing is fantastic.