Tuesday, June 24, 2008

She must be a Bingham

Bingham's tend to be perfectionist. I will give you a few examples.

1. When Justin and I first began dating he came to my house one night quite upset. I asked him what was wrong and I was finally able to coax it out of him. He had taken a test and he got a B+. He was devestated that he didn't get an "A". I didn't quite understand his devastation, but I tried my best to be understanding. He continually is hard on himself when things aren't perfect.

2. Justin has told me stories of building fence, with his brothers. He tells me about his brother agonizing over how straight the post is or tight how tight the wires are. Of course, his brother, being a Bingham, wanted the fence to be perfect.

I don't hold this perfectionist quality. I like to get things done and if it't not perfect "oh, well." I guess Justin and I balance one another out.

Keanna was invited to a birthday party. Today we spent the morning shopping for the perfect gift and then she came home and wrapped it, all by herself. After the finished product was done, she began to cry. I was a little irritated, but held my cool and asked her why she was so upset. She was worried that her friend wouldn't like the present because she didn't wrap it perfectly. The heart was too fat and the sides didn't look like Mommy's. I assured her that her friend would love her gift and that she did a wonderful job. Keanna may look like me, but she is a Bingham.

5 comments:

Tara and Josh said...

Emily,
This is one Bingham brother who would be okay with a fence post that may not look perfect as long as it does the job (and can't be seen from the road!)

Those spots on Ayla remind me of spots that Michone had called mulluskums (sp). Most went away on their own but a couple swelled up big.

I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Thanks for keeping us updated.
- Josh

mariann and Tory said...

I think this trait is from Baker City! It cracks me up that some people are such perfectionists! Our youngest inherited that from those darn Baker people! Hahaha

mariann and Tory said...

I think this trait is from Baker City! It cracks me up that some people are such perfectionists! Our youngest inherited that from those darn Baker people! Hahaha

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Yes, there is a lot of smiling and nodding when the perfectionist depression starts up. I feel I am not in this category of perfectionism but I do remember crying on the way home from school because I wasn't going to get an A- in one of my courses. Nick did not smile or nod. He (very lovingly) told me I was being a little ridiculous!

Becca Gilbert said...

Oh the Bingham perfectionist trait... Yeah, we all battle that one a bit! Hence why so many Bingham's are accountants...