Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Can you get chicken pox twice??

After Ayla's first birthday I took her to the doctors to get some shots. About a week after she developed small red bumps in her hairline and torso area. Out of concern I made another trip to the doctor to make sure everything was okay.
After reviewing Ayla's case, he decided it was a case of chicken pox, due to the recent vaccine. Our room was then stormed by about 10 doctors who wanted to get a glimpse of this fading disease. We were ordered to stay at home and then our room was quarantined for the day. Well the other day I took off Ayla's shirt and this is what I found. (double click on the picture to get a better glimpse of her symptoms).



After further examination, I am happy to say that this case of bumps, was due to Ayla's recent invasion of cherry tomatoes.

10 comments:

JasonBingham said...

Hi guys,
Great blogs. I waste a lot of time looking at them. Talk to you soon. Jason

MattnBeck said...

Ha Ha. I love the humor on this one. Freaking out about some horrible thing involving your kids and then figuring out that it was really nothing all along.

I do wonder if the invasion of the cherry tomatoes is something like the attack of the killer tomatoes, though. Maybe they had similar invastion strategies? They are clearly from a similar Class if not Phylum, so their devious tactics are probably more alike than different.

(sorry for the bad joke).

MattnBeck said...

OH yeah, forgot to mention, didn't you get chicken pox twice?

Adam/Regina said...

That's funny. I was thinking "aaaah! What are those?! That can't be chicken pox, it must be some other terrible kind of infection!" Then I read the caption.

Adam/Regina said...

I LOVE the picture of Eastern Oregon you put on the blog.

nickandhil'sfamily said...

I'm glad she is okay-I love her beautiful blues! I went to H&M in New York and thought of you! What a coincedence! I think we need to visit you to see the comparison from New York and Germany. I also thought of you in the Disney Store and how much fun it would be to have a little family reunion at the store!

Jen said...

Hey y'all:):) I totally had the pox twice!! I got them once when I was really little and then got them again when I was about 8. Mike and I woke up one day and both of us were covered in them.

nickandhil'sfamily said...

I don't know if the grade perfectionism is genetic or a "keeping up with the jones" syndrom. Either way it stinks! Luckily I am not worried about grades anymore!

Carina said...

I can't believe Ayla will eat cherry tomatoes, my kids won't even go near them. She must have sophisticated taste!

Bekah said...

Emily,

I'm soo glad to hear from you!! I hope you are having a great time in Germany!!! It will go by faster than you think. I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you. She is soo cute.