Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trier, Day 2



Mom and Dad killing time while the kinders play



more friendly "kid time" before we started our big day.


Roman Trier was built as a capital. Its architecture mirrored the grandeur empire. This is the only gate of 4 that survived. This was built without mortar, only sandstone pegs and iron blocks, its blackened over time. This gate later became a church who housed Saint Simeon, he lived inside for 7 years.


Here we are strolling through the town of Trier, right before we get poured on.

6 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

I am a history junkie and I just LOVE your blog! You are like my tour guide! Keep posting these awesome experiences you are having!

Tanner Family Blog said...

Good job posting about your trip. It looks like it was amazing! How fun to see all these sights. The girls are going to be such great little travelers -
I can't believe Ayla can fall asleep sitting up in her stroller! Talented!

Amanda said...

Hi. This is Brady Flamm's wife. Brady has been interviewing for a job in Germany and we may be visiting in the next week or so. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to add you to my blog friends. It's been fun reading about your adventures and it helps me to see what life in Germany would be like if we decide to move there. Your girls are darling by the way!

Ashley said...

I love love love how you guys are exploring all over with your kids. Very inspiring!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Hey Justin and Emily,

I hadn't checked your blog for awhile. What fun pictures. Thank you for posting them. So, in your opinion, when is the best time of year to visit? Miss and love you guys.
Stacy

MattnBeck said...

what beautiful pictures! thanks for including us in your tour of Europe. It's okay to give us a little more history ( me anyway) since I've no idea about hardly any of it.