Saturday, June 21, 2008

Enjoying the town of Bacharach, Day 2

Our hotel was in Bacharach and we thought it would be fun to explore this city. It was a perfect mideveal town with narrow cobblestone roads and old buildings. We took a climb up to see the castle at the top of the hill and discovered a beautiful and incredible place.




This house was built in 1368! That's back in the days when they thought the world was flat!




Here we are walking up the big hill


Keanna did a good job taking a picture of Justin and I


I love this picture you can see my cute girls, the castle, the vineyards and the river.




Here we are exploring the castle wall. There were many rock formations and we wondered just how many "castles" and other structures once stood here. Yes, those are goats!

1 comment:

Kari and Jared said...

I can't believe how big your girls are. I think we moved just a couple months after Ayla was born. How time flies! It is amazing all the things you are experiencing. I think it is time for us to visit!!!