Friday, May 30, 2008

Poor Ayla

On Friday Ayla had her surgery. Ayla was the first patient of the day and she had her adenoids removed and had tubes put in her ears. When she came out of surgery she was half asleep, screaming and flinging her body all over the place. This was my first experienc watching someone else coming out of ansthsia. Ayla cried a lot and just wanted to be held. I am sooo happy we are home. Ayla's now just resting up. Poor Girl.

On a side note I miss American Hospitals!!! I miss a waiting area, comfortable chairs, not a cheap IKEA chair, food delivered to my room and most of all great service from nurses!!! A big thank you to all of those nurses who make going to the hospital, a better experience!!! I realized its the little things that make a big difference.

I need to charge my camera battery, I will put a picture up later.

11 comments:

The Rich's said...

We will keep Ayla in our prayers. Hope everything will go okay. Marcella

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well. I bet German hospitals are a whole other experience. We miss you guys and think of you often.

Daisha said...

I'm so happy to hear that it went well. yeah the whole coming out of anethesia thing I missed with Dom because I was sick so cole took him. He said it was so sad to see how disoriented he was! Hopefully she'll be back to normal in a few days and I can't wait to hear the improvements she has. Take care and we miss you.

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Poor Ayla is right! Is she supposed to recover well/quickly? We hope so for everyone's sake!

Tanner Family Blog said...

It was great talking to you today! I'm glad it went OK, and that you are home. I hope Ayla is doing OK. Hopefully you guys can rest this weekend.
Keep me posted!

David said...

No one can quite prepare you for how stressful it is to have your toddler have surgery. Luckily they seem to recover much quicker than adults. We will keep Ayla in our prayers!

Jen said...

I am glad that everything went well. I hope she has a fast recovery.

ps the house should be done in about 6 wks or so.

mariann and Tory said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well and that Ayla is at home! Hopefully she will heal fast and be able to hear better!

Tyra said...

I hope Ayla is feeling better. My nephew just had his adenoids out a month or so ago and is feeling much better. He is sleeping better as well. We pray for a speedy recovery.

Jean Leavitt said...

I had no idea your family was going through that. Still not sure why she had surgery, but I hope she's okay and thriving now. It's so good to see your posts! We miss you guys and hope you are having as much fun as your pictures look. :) Wish we were there with you guys!

Maike said...

I'm sorry you had a rather frightening and uncomfortable ordeal with Ayla's surgery. Whenever there are comments about less positive experiences in Germany, I feel like I have to apologize for and/or defend my native country. We do have good, even great, doctors and hospitals, I promise.
As for having your child go through surgery, that's always scary. My son, Winston, had surgery not too long ago. He also just wanted to be held and he cried a lot when he woke up. Luckily, all is well now. I hope the same is true for you and Ayla.