Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our short adventure




On Tuesday my girls, myself, my friend Cynthia and her daughter Mariah (sp?) began our little journey to Stuttgart. Cynthia and I had a meeting there and decided to make a fun trip out of it. We began by taking a tour at the Ludwigsburg castle. I was very impressed by the intricate needlework done throughout this castle on tapestries, chairs and other items. It was intresting to know that one of the queens did much of the needlework herself. That night Mariah watched my girls while Cynthia and I made it to our meeting, thanks Mariah! The next day we met up with my good friend Kristine and we all went to the Hohenzollern Castle.It was rainy and cold and we were all drenched as we walked up the long spiral entrance. The dreary weather just added to the enchantment of it all. I believe this castle was rebuilt 3 times the first staring in the 1100's! We had a really fun time!
Obviously the above pictures were not taken by us. Cynthia took a lot of pictures these were a few I found off of the internet. As soon as I get our pictures I will post them.
This was a super fun trip getting to know Cynthia better and also exerting myself and traveling without Justin. Keanna also had a fun time saying that she wished we would have stayed longer.

3 comments:

Carina said...

How exciting, seeing all these amazing things! I have to say I am a little jealous!

Kristine said...

I am so glad that we got to spend time together again. Hysterical to be standing in a castle with you in Germany. You are right, a few years ago - we were dreaming about this. Now we live our dream! We need to keep getting together more often. Please do me a favor and with Cynthia sends you the pictures - will you email them to me also? Talk with you soon! Tscheus!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Jason said to tell you, "We want to go!" How far is that from where you live? It is very beautiful.
Stacy