Friday, January 25, 2008

The things we say


I dropped Keanna off in her classroom today and then Ayla and I began our slow journey to the car. We passed a few boys in Keanna's class who began speaking to me. I did not understand them. I then proceeded to tell them with my best German pointing to Ayla "Keanna's Sister." My remarks were received with a blank stares followed with the boys laughter. Their reaction was not expected so I took a moment to review our conversation. I then realized that I probably said "Keanna's ....(insert 4 letter cuss word)." I felt guilty for swearing in front of a 4 year old and decided to not use "sister" in my German vocabulary for awhile.

6 comments:

Carina said...

That is pretty funny. I remember when we were traveling in Italy and I saw little kids that could speak the Language when I couldn't. I always thought man those are some smart little kids!

Hallenbergers said...

LOL That is funny....sinner! J/K Are you going to take a german speaking class? I have a friend that is from Germany!! She could teach you...

Johanna

Domenic tells us he is leaving soon! I told him he can't until I lose the baby weight!! LOL Yeah right.

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Well that is one way to really learn a new language. Hope all is well.
Stacy

The Rich's said...

Oh Emily, you are so beautiful as always. I enjoy reading and keeping in touch with your family.
I live in the United States and the culture and language is so different here. It can be quite the adventure!
Marcella

Tyson and Amanda said...

That cracks me up! At least if sometime you really want to say something inappropriate you have a really good excuse!

Amanda

Dan and Ashley said...

Hahaha! That made me laugh so hard! Such funny memories. :) That will be a good one to remember for a long time. Thanks for sharing!