Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lesson Learned

About 2 weeks after we moved in, a young German gentleman came to my door. He spoke some English and I spoke about 3 words of German. He wanted me to buy a coloring book for my children, it would only be 4 Euro. It was also going to help some impoverished individuals. I thought I could spare 4 Euro to help someone out. He said the coloring book would be here in December and I could pay the 4 Euro then. I didn't think much of it.

Time passed I started getting a German womens magazine. I didn't know where it was coming from and continued to give it to my German neighbor.

In January I received a bill in my German mailbox. I actually thought it was my water bill. We asked our neighbor Max and much to my dismay I had signed a 2 year contract to buy this magazine! How could I be so naive!!!

I am learning a little about German law. Its illegal to enforce a contract with an indivdual who never understood the contract. The law is on my side. I am hoping that I will soon be out of this mess.
Go figure, there are creepy door to door salesman in Germany.

1 comment:

Hallenbergers said...

YIKES!! Hey Em I posted a pic of me so go check it out! Yes Michelle is prego and she is having another BOY!! She is due July 18th.