Thursday, February 14, 2008

Andrew is getting married

Tommorrow Feb 15th my little brother is getting married in Utah. On Wed I drove out to Ramstein Air Base to catch a flight. This morning I was at the airport eagerly awaiting to see my family. 3 flights were scheduled to leave today and for some reason 2 of them were rescheduled, not for today. This left only one more flight. Very sadly there were only 26 seats available and I was about 10 seats short of making this flight. I checked some quick flights to the states and the price was a whopping 1800 dollars.
Much to my dismay I will miss Andrew and Katherine's wedding. I am sure tommorrow will be a beautiful day filled with memories and love. I wish the best to the happy couple!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is so sad!! I am sorry that you are going to miss it

Kristine said...

Hey Emily! I am so sorry that it didn't work out. I guess we now know that this is not a reliable way to get home. The price is right, but if you don't get to your destination it is not worth it. You did a really good job trying - your brother will feel your love from your efforts.

Daisha said...

OH, I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go! That would have been so nice for you to see your family again. how disappointing. Did you cry- I think I would have!