Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Transportation


Recently, Emily and I bought ourselves bikes and a pull-behind bike trailer for the kids. The hopes are that this will be good family fun, something that Emily and I can become passionate about, and a way to burn off some of the German chocolate and calories that don't seem to want to leave despite sitting in a chair while doing fillings all day.



As can be seen, Ayla was not a huge fan of the trailer at first. Having her teasing sister strapped in so close didn't give her a great first impression.



The trailer is by no means spacious, but once the kids realized they basically had the next Lance Armstrong pulling them around Europe, they were ready for the Tour de France.




We decided against climbing the Alps on our first family bike outing. Instead our long bike ride took us down hill about 1/4 mile from our house to a small church. I'm not sure if Emily's helmet is on correctly, but at least she is in style.


(Keanna doing her best Rocky IV impression while in Cinderella dress as Ayla looks on)

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Thanks for reminding us to get off our lazy butts and pull out all of the bikes from the garage! You gotta love all of the bike paths in Germany - it looked fun.

The Rich's said...

WOW! I love looking at your pictures. It just seems like a dream. It is so beautiful there! And tons of new things to see.
I am so excited for you guys and your bikes. That is so awesome Brian and I ahve been wanting to get some.

Tyson and Amanda said...

Man Lance, that 1/4 mile must have been pretty rough! I'm wondering how the uphill portion was! Your girls are so adorable. I just can't believe how much they are growing up. I really enjoy reading your postings.....We have definitely missed your sense of humor the last couple of holidays!Hope all is well!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Way too cute! I love the cinderella dress. It was so fun talking to you the other day. Thanks for calling. I am jealous the weather is good enough to go biking. We sure love and miss you guys. Lindsey said today, "I want to see my Keanna!" I told her she has to learn how to swim and be a real good walker. She didn't find me very funny. Love you guys.

MattnBeck said...

Great post, esp the Rocky picture. It seems like Justin may have written this post instead of Emily!! It's good to hear from you if that is the case. We are so sad we missed you Emily and hope you're doing okay over there.

Hope to see you soon.

Austin said...

So this is the first post I have read with reference to German chocolate. I have to say I'm surprised there hasn't been an entire post devoted to the subject. When Katie and I visit (someday, not sure when) we'll have to help you write it!