Sunday, November 28, 2010

shipping day

I had the opportunity to take some pictures on shipping day for the sale of cattle.
I have learned that the weight of the cattle on shipping day is very important. Bottom line the heavier the cow the better. The cows need to be loaded into the truck, this is loading schute I am standing in the doorway to the truck

the cows huddled together waiting for their turn


Justin really dislikes it when I take pictures at this angle, but I like it :)



cattle truck

Ranchers encouraging the cattle to go into the cattle truck
inside the cattle truck, notice there is an upstairs and downstairs :)
pushing the cattle up the loading schute and into the truck


me just playing around with color


PS I am sorry if things don't make sense in this blog, really it's Greek to me :)

No comments: