Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lyndi's improved room.

This is after painting and putting a few decorations up. I still need to put some more decorations on the wall, but I think it's a huge improvement!
We painted the room a very soft green. I thought this would be a good nursery color for either a boy or girl :) I'm not announcing ANYTHING
I was really excited about this curtain. The top fabric has a puckered style that creates a lot of texture. I also lined it with a fabric that keeps the light out. I made a big mistake when I measured the window, I forgot to add fabric to compensate for the gathers so it's a little short for the window.
I wish we had a picture of this room even before this. You can see where shelves use to hang. It was used as an office and the shelving really closed in the space.


We are saving our money to replace ALL of the carpet upstairs :) I'm really excited and the thought of having new carpet really does keep me from unnecessary shopping.This room isn't completely finished, but I can now put Lyndi to bed without being annoyed :)




2 comments:

Matt Bettilyon said...

yay, it's so cute. I love your window covers, and happy birthday to my sweet little sister.

matt

likeschocolate said...

Great Job! So simple and peaceful. I wouldn't mind sleeping in a room like this.