Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spain Update

We would just like everyone to know that we are doing fine here in Malaga Spain. The Volcanic Ash has left has stranded here since Friday the 16th. We have a flight out this upcoming Friday. We have high hopes that the airways in Germany will be open at that point.

We are very fortunate to be where we are, we have extended at our apartment with no problem and we have a rental car. Everything is fairly inexpensive in Spain so considering the cirucmstances we are doing very well financiall, physically and mentally. We have a nice place to sleep a kitchen to prepare food etc.

The rain has cleared up and we are able to get out of our apartment and enjoy the sunshine a little. We hope this beautiful weather continues.

We just wanted everyone to know we are doing well. Love you
Em

4 comments:

Lee&Tami: Their life said...

Wow! We didn't know you were there. Do you have the kids and Justin? I guess its just an extended vacation. Something else to remember from you fast paced three years with the Army. I hope Eastern Orgeon isn't too boring in comparison.

Rachelle said...

thanks for the comments on my blog. We are doing OK but quickly running out of clean laundry and washing in the sink at the hotel is just not going to cut it much longer! We have a flight for tomorrow morning, wish us luck. If we miss that we are hoping to get a flight later in the week...things have to clear sometime, right?

I'll try and update my blog if we get stranded again. I'm glad you guys are having fun and got to stay in the same location with all your kids, it's tough on little Julian to be in transition for so long.

Hope to see you back in Deutschland soon!!

Daisha said...

Well you sound pretty calm about it all, but I'm sure t's stressful! Good luck and I hope you can get home soon.

Adam/Regina said...

It's been forever since I've been on my blog and therefore been forever since I've seen yours but wow! What an beautiful family you have. I'm hearing rumor you guys are buying a practice soon in Baker. I'm excited for that!