Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dingle Loop, Day 2

We started our morning out by driving the dingle penisula. Without stops this should be a short 30 minute drive with some fun and historic sites along the way. We quickly realized that historic site hopping is a little difficult with 3 kids, so we decided to enjoy the view. This soil in this area was incredibly rocky; thus they made EVERYTHING out of this shale type rock. Below is an example of this.
The first beach that we saw we stopped and let the girls go and play. They had a fun time and even found some sea shells.


The drive had one amazing view after another.




I felt a little bad because we hadn't taken any pictures of Lyndi yet. Here she is sleeping in her carseat.




The girls are really lucky to have a Daddy who plays with them. I spent a great deal of time feeding Lyndi and while I did this Justin and the older girls found opportunities to play.

In this picture you can see the rock fences on the hill probably used to seperate their sheep. Modern day barbwire fences seem to be the current






This picture gives you a good idea of the narrow roads we traveled on. Again the guard rail was a small rock wall.



We had to stop and wait for the sheep rancher to herd his sheep into the beautiful pasture with an ocean view. He even had a dog that reminded him of his beloved sheep dog Maddie.



The beach was too enticing we decided with the beautiful weather we should go and play a little.

Justin parked the car while the girls and I decided to go splash around in the water. The first wave knocked Ayla over leaving her wet and angry. Below is a picture of her explaining to Dad the dangers of the ocean.

Although the sun was shinning it was still quite a little chilly, especially for our wet Ayla.



Keanna loved playing in the water. She would drop her sea shell in and then try to find it once the waves washed it back




After falling in the ocean, Ayla needed a little more one on one with Dad.


Despite Justin's efforts Ayla didn't like being thrown up in the air. Below Justin and Ayla are discussing the recent offense.
Every now and then I ask Justin to snap a picture of me as evidence that I was on the trip.

Before getting back in the car Keanna needed to clean her sea shell.

another beautiful view as we finished the Dingle Loop

11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Gorgeous, I feel my ancestors calling.

Daisha said...

Wow. It's amazing out there! You've done lots of traveling with your girls- and ideas for how to keep my kids happy for the 4 days it will take us to get across the country?

Tara and Josh said...

wow, great pictures and commentary. Beautiful country! Thanks for sharing

Carina said...

So yeah, I'm a bad friend. Everyday I have every intention of calling you and guess what never happens. One of these days I'll surprise you.

Your girls are looking so grown up, they are beautiful!

JasonBingham said...

Hi guys, great trip, thanks for the pictures. Ayla cracks me up. The 'Offense' made me laugh out loud. See ya soon. Good to be home, for a little while anyway.
Jason

Bekah said...

Beach time, what fun

McAllister Family said...

Wow! What an incredible trip! Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Adam/Regina said...

Does Justin ever have to work?! I swear every time I look on your blog you are off in a new exotic place. I love it! You guys all look fantastic. Oh hey, I just got back from a trip to Utah. Three of us "dental school girlfriends" flew over to surpose Kari and her new baby boy. It was tons of fun.

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

Surprise, surprise! I spent the whole time talking again.. and we didn't even talk at all about your trip to Ireland! when are we going to get together? We have WAY too much to catch up on!

Clark Family said...

hey guys! looks so beautiful!

Kari and Jared said...

Wow! That place looks amazing. It looks like a fun family vacation. Your girls are getting so big.