Saturday, October 11, 2008

Say goodbye to our financial future

We decided to make an afternoon stop in Oberammergau after Justins Dental Conference. We enjoyed the sunshine, Italian Eis and window shopping. I have been wanting a nice pair of boots for sometime, so when we passed a shoe/boot store, Justin suggested we take a look.

Justin's entire life savings flashed before his eyes, as his three girls, got giddy over all the shoes!!! The girls tried on about every girl shoe in the store, independent of the size, and I had finally found a number of boots that I liked!


As the girls and I were enjoying our experience, I glanced over and noticed Justin looking a little pale. What's the matter? He then gave me an account of a conversation he had with a friend. Justin then told me,

"No one can afford 3 girls and I have 4!"

6 comments:

Tanner Family Blog said...

I am cracking up!!
I can only imagine Nathan's white face if I was in a shoe store with Grace and Lucy!
I also loved the title of you post!
what is it about shoes - and black shoes at that? (Speaking of which, I loved the picture of the black high heel) When I bring home a pair of new black shoes, Nathan always says, "but you already have a pair of black shoes." And then I have to explain all the different kinds (flats, heels, winter, summer, etc.) I "need." haha

mariann and Tory said...

That is soo funny! We are in the same boat! They get expensive when they hit teenager! All the things they want cost more!The flip size is...when they are about your size you get to borrow their stuff!

MattnBeck said...

:(

Good luck. I can't afford 3 either.

Jean Leavitt said...

Hi Emily! I love blogs. I'm sorry I don't get on more often, but I have really enjoyed seeing what your family is up too. The pictures are so beautiful. Oh how I wish we were right there with you! Congrats on the soon to be new addition. I'm personally hoping for all girls!! :) Hopefully we can follow in your footsteps. Hope you are having a great day. Keep posting!

Leah said...

So did you get the boots or not?

Carina said...

I hope sometime I can come and go shopping with you! I hope you ended up getting something, they are all so great I'm sure it was hard to choose!