Friday, August 15, 2008

While Justin's away

Well Justin has been out of town for nearly 2 weeks! We have missed him dearly and can't wait for him to arrive home. He had a blast visiting his family and I hope he was educated at his confernece in New Mexico! While he was gone...this is what we have been up to.
1. Preschool- for the month of August one of my friends is teaching preschool to Keanna and a few other children. It's every Tuesday and Thursday ,about a 30 minute drive and during Ayla's nap time, I was a little skeptical. However, Keanna desperately needs to socialize with Americans her own age, so it's worth it! Keanna is having a blast!


2. ZOO-We went to the Nuremberg zoo with our friends Karen and Vanessa. Can I tell you how easy the zoo was to manage when we outnumbered my kids, 3 adults to 2 children! We saw a dolphin show and the famous baby polar bear Flocke (snowflake)! Too bad I didn't bring my camera :(



3. HAIR- You would think with 2 girls I would be a pro at hair, I'm not. I found a great blog off of Rachels blog http://www.ilikehair.blogspot.com/ it has inspired me. I have done Keanna's hair several times and she was happy with the results!!!


Keanna thinks bangs are the way to go. She sucessfully snipped some bangs for Ayla. Urghh!

4. Olympics!!! We are having a fun time watching the Olympics, Keanna is doing a good job cheering on her favorite athlete. The other day she was exclaiming "go, Mike, go Mike!" Maybe she has a more personel relationship with Michael Phelps then I thought.
Keanna had a really sweet prayer the other day. It went something like this "bless Daddy that he is safe and that he comes home really soon. So I don't have to worry about this anymore."
We are counting down, just a couple more hours to until he is Home!!!

5 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

That is a cute prayer! Sounds like you are doing a good job at staying busy! I love your girls hair! What a great site! My girls won't let me do their hair anymore...only on picture day and Sunday!

Daisha said...

a single mom for two weeks! Wow! I can't believe Keanna cut Ayla's hair - i read that right didn't I. The olympics are awesome huh!

Tara and Josh said...

Emily we have been praying for you while Justin has been away. You are one tough and supportive wife to let him go so long. We sure wished we could have stayed longer to be able to see him. I didn't know until he was already in North Powder. Josh kept it a secret! What a surprise.
Keanna your homework is beautiful! I think the hair cutting is the thing to do. Just before we left for Oregon, it was about 10:30pm and Landon calls from the bathroom, "Don't worry about cutting my hair Mom, I can do just fine." It had been on the list of things to do but I was still trying to tidy up the house and pack when I heard him. Needless to say I dropped what I was doing and tried to rescue the results. He had a pretty good #1 right above his callouk and one other spot but with boys I just cut it short and now you can't even tell. It is true that after 2 weeks on a boys haircut you can't tell a good from a bad! Good luck growing out Ayla's and have a great week. We love you!

Hallenbergers said...

Sounds like good times!!! I like the bangs!!! LOL

M said...

Isn't it strange how children decide to do things they probably would never do if Dad were home? For instance, my Justin would never try to start a fire with Jason home, but he lit one in my garage the other day.