Friday, August 15, 2008

Perfume in the summer

Air conditioning is rare here in Europe, throughout the day one sweats. Naturally, I would want to cover up my unpleasant smell with a little bit of body spray or perfume. Yesterday, I was trying to complete my "to do list." I stopped to talk with friend and immediately began to be swarmed by bees. We swapped them away and decided to take cover in the nearest building. The bees were humming in my ears and I then felt something crawling on my chest. I instinctively turned away from my conversation, pulled my shirt down and tried to coax the bee out from my shirt. I was too late. I was a little embarrassed the "friend" was not only male, but also Justin's boss.

He looked at me a little confused and then I stated "I think I was stung by a bee, no I was." I tried to casually continue my conversation, but was unable to do so with out stuttering. I was happy to part ways.


Within minutes the venom swelled into a little ball. Over the next hour, I felt the venom radiate through my veins and the initial swelling began to shrink. Its been a day and I still feel like I've been pricked by a thorn. I guess I won't wear perfume in the summer.


8 comments:

MattnBeck said...

what a sad story! I am so sorry to hear that you were stung in that way, place and such! So crazy.

We invested in fans today to help with the heat problem. They're all propped by the windows to blow the cold air IN. So far so good, but it doesn't do anything at 1 in the afternoon. Good luck. At least Germany is more north than south and summertime will turn to fall soon.

likeschocolate said...

Me again from Switzerland, I wouldn't worry about Perfume in Europe because the smell of the land is way to strong. We have no air conditioning either, but some days I would rather be hot than have to open the windows and smell the stench from cows, goats, or sheep. Sorry, you were stung. I think the bees are worse in Germany. I remeber on our honeymoon being in the Munich area and the bees were everywhere.

Tyra said...

Marin was looking at your blog last night without me and she was telling me about all the colors on the butt of a bug that were "freaking her out". Now I know what she was talking about. I hope you are a little cooler now.

Hallenbergers said...

YIKES!!!! I was stug by a yellow jacket after if flew up my shorts!! So I feel your pain!

mariann and Tory said...

Oh my heck! Of all the places to be stung! What a pervert bee! :) Owwie!

Krista S said...

Ouch! I hate bee stings! My kids are freaked out by bee's and I keep telling myself to not let them know that I am scared of them too. Sorry you got stung....no fun!

The Rich's said...

That was some story! wow I am so sorry! I got stung on my behimed when I was prenant with Natalie and it hurt so bad. My mom told me to put and onio or poato on it. I pu an onion on it of coarse I did not smell so nice but it immedialtley took the sting out!

The Rich's said...

I loved the flower pictures. Poppies are one of my most favorite flowers!!!