Friday, December 21, 2007

How was my trip?

Tuesday I piled a bunch of household items in our upstairs hallway with the intention to put them in our attic. The day came and went and the items were still piled in the hallway. Early the next morning I rushed to the restroom, but not before some commotion. I ran into our air purifier with my knee tilting it forward and then slamming it onto my toe. Gravity was also thrusting me forward with the air purifier still on my toe successfully scraping off a good portion of my skin. The trip made quite a bang and I made one loud yelp before covering my mouth not to wake up the kids. Justin came to my rescue concerned that an intruder may have been in our home. We wiped away the blood to find nothing of serious concern and we were off to bed. Justin quickly fell asleep as I cringed with my toe throbbing.
I now realize that I am a big wimp. Its now Friday and it still hurts. It is not only uncomfortable to put on shoes and socks and walk, but I am also really annoyed by the entire situation. I just can't imagine the pain of a real injury.

2 comments:

MattnBeck said...

Poor Justin! Having to go through the scare of thinking someone was in the house and hurting you....That happened to me (matt) once. I could have sworn that someone snuck into the shower and was knifing you in the abdomen. Alas, it was only a spider "attacking" you. Ha ha....hope you do get better.

Ollanna said...

Wah!

That looks like it hurts! Poor toes.