Thursday, January 14, 2010

Progress

We began swaddling Lyndi as a newborn. We quickly found, if she had a good swaddle then she would sleep through the night. We enjoyed those benefits up until about 8 months. At that point she became a little Houdini and would escape the swaddle in the middle of the night. This has become an increasingly difficult problem over the past couple months. Lyndi would wake up, I would come in to swaddle her, this would really awake her and she wouldn't want to go back to sleep. Let's just say we are getting payback for those nights we slept in the the beginning. Below is a picture of Lyndi in her swaddle, before bed.
After counseling with the pediatrician, we decided to let her "cry it out" aka torture for Mom and Dad. Lyndi awoke in the middle of the night, we gave her some water and left. Eventually, she cried herself to sleep and when I came in the morning I saw her snuggled up without her blanket. I was so proud!! Sleeping like a normal baby!!!



4 comments:

Tara and Josh said...

Oh, she is adorable. I wish you the best of patience, love, fortitude, stubborness, determination, and courage in helping her learn to sleep on her own. This has never been one of my strengths but I truly feel it is a super important step to try to teach our children. Sleep is wonderful but these Bingham children seem to want to fight it tooth and nail. I am proud of you for outlasting her. Keep up the good work!
Love
TARA

likeschocolate said...

I love the little bum sticking up in the air!

Daisha said...

I love looking at sleeping babies. That's such a cute pictures of Lyndi. Well, at least you're in a house during the cry it out stage and no longer in an apt- remember those days?!!

Tara and Josh said...

Well, I think I would protest a little as well if I was wrapped up with a straight jacket - I mean swaddle:)
Josh