Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful quiet Christmas at home. Emily awoke at the crack of dawn, ready for Christmas to begin. However, the girl's didn't wake up until 8:30!We enjoyed our traditional Egg Nog French Toast, cleaned up the kitchen mess and were ready for the fun to begin.
Keanna was putting the dishes in the dishwasher before I could finish my last bite. She was very excited.
Here we are waiting to unveil what Santa has brought us.

The living room with the curtain down
The magic of Christmas really comes back with young children. The girls squealed with delight with every present. It really was so much fun!

A girl can never have too many hair accessories. 1 head band, 2 bows in the front and 1 in the back.

By the looks of things, Ayla is ready to cook up some trouble.
Keanna sporting some of her Christmas loot. The look is completed with a horse sticker on her forehead.

We had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed every moment with our little family. We are truly thankful for all of wonderful, supportive family and friends. We miss you and hope you had a fantastic Christmas!

7 comments:

Tanner Family Blog said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good Christmas! I just showed Grace your post and she couldn't believe how "grown up Keanna looks!" She wants to babysit for you guys when you come back!

Let's talk soon and catch up!!!

mariann and Tory said...

That is awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy NEw Year!! Christmas is so much fun with kids! I lOve it!
We did move! Just 5 miles south of where we were...not to far!
LOVE your picture at the top! Awesome!

Suzy said...

I love how excited the girls look! How fun. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I was so happy to see your pictures of Rome. That is on my to do list in life! I can only imagine how incredible it was. Your girls are such good travelers... they've been born into it I guess! What an advantage!

Marnie said...

Isn't Christmas magical? Love your sheet and unveiling idea. Too cute! My question is, how in the world did you get your kids to eat breakfast first? :)

likeschocolate said...

Emily, Actually, the hotel cost more than $35 it was the taxi ride from the airport, but that was for 2 people. I think you can get a room for a $100. You and your husband should find a babysitter for the girls and see Isreal before you go home to the States. Some friends of ours flew out of Munich on TUI for $400 maybe Euros now that I am thinking about what might have been lost in translation. As to the cruise, we took Costa which is an Italien cruise line. There were tons of children on the ship. We left the two older boys with their Oma, but we took our youngest who was 18 months. We took the cruise out of Venice that did the Greek Islands. We had a fantastic time and would recommend it to anyone. The food was fantastic, but I do have to say the pasta was in Italien style El dente. I would have like it maybe cooked just a minute longer. Still tasted good. Lots of variety. The cruise also doesn't have all day eating like America cruise ships and most nights you have to eat in their more formal dining area. I think they had two casual nights. You can go to my blog and look under July and I think there are some photos of our trip. I heard the Eygpt cruise is fantastic. Good luck in picking a cruise. Looks like you guys had a good time in Rome. I love Italy!!!!

likeschocolate said...

P.S. You look fantastic! I can't believe how small you are for being 8 months pregnant. That is how I look at 5 months. So jealous!!!

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Your girls are so adorable and are getting so big!!! You look great!!!