Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bus Ride and Funny Ayla

Ayla is really growing up. Sometimes she says the funniest things.
If she burps she will say "I toot, in my mouth."
She's not afraid to say "you mouth stink." and then hands me a toothbrush.
If she is frustrated at someone she will exclaim "go to bed!"
At night we will walk past her bedroom and hear her singing to herself. She really is a funny girl
With the new baby on the way, we decided it might be time to have Keanna start riding the bus. We thought it would be good to have another option for travel. I was feeling a little sad about letting Keanna grow up. Keanna sensed this and asked why I was feeling sad. I explained to her that sometimes its hard to let your kids grow up. She responded by saying
"Mommy, don't worry, if I'm good, we can live together forever someday." How's that for an eternal perspective.

Keanna LOVES the bus and insists that she rides it to school every day. It works well for me and she only gets home about 15 minutes later then we usually do. Despite my doubts, I think riding the bus, will be a positive thing.


6 comments:

Daisha said...

So that totally looks like a city bus, but I assume that it's a school bus right?! It's ncie to have one less place to drive each week and then you won't have to worry about waking the baby up to pick her up.

Lee&Tami: Their life said...

You do have a wonderful blog. Thank you. Its almost like having you here closer - it at least helps it seem like you are closer.

likeschocolate said...

Isn't it great that you live somewhere she could do that. In the U.S. beside the school bus we would never let our kids ride the bus all alone. That is one thing I miss about Switzerland is letting the kids run around the neighborhood by themselves. Are you having the baby at the military hospital or the local hospital. Hope everything goes well for you. Wow! I can't believe your baby is going to be here soon. It seriously seems like yesterday that you posted you were pregnant.

mariann and Tory said...

Ayla is adorable! Her face just makes you smile! That is funny that she will tell you whats on her mind!

JasonBingham said...

Hi guys,
once again cute pictures of your family. We finally got our computer back and have updated our blog. later
Jason

Adam/Regina said...

Hey guys! December was so crazy I hardly ever looked at the computer so it was good to finally have the chance to catch up and see what's going on in your ever eventful lives. Reading your blog is always so much fun. The girls (that includes Emily) are as beautiful as ever!