Tuesday, April 8, 2008

London Calling!!!

First off, we need to give a BIG shout out to the Mcleans! They watched our girls for our 4 day weekend so Justin and I could visit London. Even without children we only skimmed the surface of London. Thank you Mcleans, we had a great time!



Day1: We arrived to London early that morning and took our first Double Decker ride across town to our humble little hotel. We began at West Minster Abbey. This was Justin's favorite, it was amazing. We walked over to the Parlimant Building and Big Ben. Did you know that the tower is not Big Ben, but its actually the bell within the tower thats Big Ben?!


Next, we went over to Trafalgar Square ABOVE(this is basically central London) and made a quick stop in the National Gallery. The National Gallery is full of European Paintings. I wish Holly or my Mother were there to educate me about painting.

We stopped for a quick power nap at the park and watched the ducks in the pond. We were lucky, it was very warm day. Then we visited the Churchill Museum and that evening went to the production WICKED. We loved WICKED it was a lively production, very entertaining.

Day 2: That morning we visted the Victoria and Albert Museum. This was one of my favorites. It had soo many forms of artwork from home decor, musical instruments, clothing, statues... I enjoyed myself so much, I didn't want to leave, we ended up missing the changing of the guards. Oh well!

We hopped into the Natural History Museum. This was basically a natural science museum. A must if we had our kids.


Next, we stopped by the British Museum and we were shocked by all of the mummies.

That evening we went to Les Miserables. This is one of Justin's favorites. It wasn't a Big Show production like WICKED, but the music was incredible. We HAD to see it.




Day 3: We headed over to the Tower of London (ABOVE) and nearly spent all day here. The history here was amazing. Kings and Queens lived here for hundreds of years. There was a chapel here that was the tombstone for 1500 people. Only 30 or so have been identified. Many prisoners were imprisoned then beheaded within these walls. So much history... so little time.




We ran over to St. Pauls cathedral. This is were Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married. It was a gigantic cathedral that was remarkably beautiful. This is my favorite church thus far.

Later that evening we walked past Buckingham Palace and stopped into another church for an Organ concert.





What an amazing weekend we had. I am sorry this is so impersonal or rather a travel log. I just don't know how to blog a weekend like this.

If you want to see more pictures you can go to the website below

6 comments:

Daisha said...

Wow, how amazing. I've seen both WICKED and Les Miserables - excellent choices!! How far from London are you? My Uncle and his family are moving there this summer and that is where my dad served his mission. Looks like you had a fabulous time and I'm sure doing it without the kdis was a nice break too. - Daisha

The Rich's said...

WOW! Good for you guys! That is amazing you could get away for four days without your kids! Brian and I need that so badly! Maybe someday!

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

I am so glad that you guys had a good time. We were happy to watch your kids because we know that this means we get a break also :-) London looked amazing! Good choice. We will have to trade off next time and you can do Paris and we will do London :-)

Carina said...

What a fabulous vacation, and with no kids. This is one place that I really want to visit someday!

M said...

Wow, that looked like so much fun. I would love to go travel Europe, but Jason is not much of a traveler unless the Army makes him, he hates to fly.

MattnBeck said...

I am just all jealousy! That is horrible to say I guess. I'm glad you guys made it to London, it looks beautiful and fun.