Saturday, April 26, 2008

Barbecue Time


Keanna is always eager to help with food, and today I was pretty eager to show her the basics to barbecueing.


Here we are with the veggies, cheese, and the beef. Keanna is just waiting for her chance to pounce on the burger and hot dogs with her tongs and oven mit.


While Keanna eats all of the perfectly sliced cheese, I'm realizing that only a few things make me feel more manly than assembling the barbecue which is cooking the beef which my family is about to eat.


But the manly feelings quickly fade as a I realize that I get a blisters from assembling a barbecue. Can you believe how soft these hands are? No, I didn't get this blister from a shovel, ax, sword, or anything manly like that. This jewel came from using a screwdriver. In my defense, however, the screwdriver is manual--not electric; plus I didn't even have any gloves.


8 comments:

Daisha said...

The Dental school talent show was last night! We seriously missed having Justin do his bullwhip. We even had someone mention it to us (obvious it was very memorable!) It's sunny today and I'm feeling in the mood for a good conversation on the stairs while the kids play in the firelane! Any chance you could come over? :)
Daisha

Becca Gilbert said...

That is so much fun! I can't believe how green it looks! Where are you guys at in Germany? My friend served there on his mission so he had fun looking through some of your pictures the other day!

I just put up a bunch of pictures of the ranch from Jacob's branding- so if Justin wants to check up on his brothers and make sure they did the branding right- they're up!

Kristine said...

It was so nice being able to BBQ this weekend. This sun is so good for the soul :-) We had fun with you all last week.

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Thank you for starting out my Monday morning with a good laugh. Justin, your hands look more baby smooth than mine! I'm a little jealous.

M said...

I want some BBQ. I put a small BBQ together by myself last time Jason was deployed. I didn't get any blisters though.

MattnBeck said...

nicely done. Your manhood shows because you are brave enough to post your blister to all the blogosphere. :) Looks like fun.

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Jason can feel your pain of soft hands. He did three days of hard labor after tax season and has a crack on one finger. They are just a little soft. I am jealous you guys have nice enough weather to bar-b-q!

Wetzel said...

Just read a comment you left on our blog a while ago. We miss you guys. Can't wait to see you back at the Ranch!