Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lettuce Chicken Wraps

I have been stuck when it comes to dinner recipes. Last night I made this up and it turned out to be a hit with Justin and I (the girls weren't as excited about it). I don't have an exact recipe, but I will do my best :)

3 chicken breasts
Salsa (I used a SW salsa, but I think anything would be great)
corn
mozzarella cheese
red onion
diced tomatoes
and
lettuce leaves to wrap it all up :)

1. I usually have frozen chicken breasts. It's important to let them thaw before cooking. Otherwise, you end up with tuff meat. After chicken was thawed I boiled them until the meat was no longer pink.

2. slice the meat in small pieces and top with salsa, mozzarella cheese, red onion, diced tomatoes and corn. (I think beans would also make a great addition).

3. put in oven 350 for 25 minutes covered in tin foil

4. serve over lettuce leaves or wrap them up like a taco


A healthy yummy dinner and great leftovers!

No comments: