Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Upcoming Hobby

Justin and I have to come an agreement. If I can learn how to use my camera (without the using AUTO) I can buy more accessories to accompany the hobby of photography. I have been working on understanding the basics and I decided to put the knowledge to a test. It was a lot of fun.
So I am excited to say these following photo's were NOT done on AUTO mode
This above picture was one of my last indoor shots. Lyndi is adorable.
Above is Ayla in one of my last shots.

I didn't post everything in order. Actually its almost backwards. My last photo's on top and my first ones on the bottom.






The above photo was one of my first shots. Lyndi was waking up from a nap, I pulled up the curtain and she had way too much light.

These were some of the first pictures I took. I took some adorable shots and then realized that they were a little overexposed. So I decided to turn down my ISO a little.

Ayla was standing in the direct sunlight you can see from the glare off her face.

One of the reasons I had the ISO cranked up and Ayla in the sunglight,was I wanted to see if I could take an indoor picture without the flash. I couldn't figure it out.


There was a lot of light in Lyndi bedroom. Someday when I get photoshop, I might go back and fix some of these pictures.

I promise I won't flood this blog with my practice pictures. I am starting my own photo blog. Bascially, just a place where I can critique my own pictures and hopefully see my work progress.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I just got a new camera and am learning how to use it. It is not easy that is for sure. I have tried ready stuff on the internet, but my head start swimming when I here exposure, apeture, iso, settings, so much to think about, but I can't wait to learn. There is a sister in my ward who is teaching me how to use it. She just taught me how to get a in focus photo with a blurry background.

Katherine Bettilyon said...

Good job. Your girls are growing so fast!

Tyra said...

These pictures are beautiful whether overexposed or not--must have something to do with those super gorgeous girls of yours. Germany is definitely agreeing with your family, although we miss you here in the states.