Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Basement Befores and After

Back in November I decided I wanted an inexpensive project. I decided the basement was perfect. My only costs to this basement would be paint and the labor would take me awhile. This picture was taken after my first wallpaper peelings.
As anticipated, peeling off the wallpaper took a long time to finish. I then filled in the cracks and textured the wall.
First I primed the wood and then I gave it about 4 coats with an off white latex paint. Latex is more durable and recommended for cupboards and such. I then started the cupboards the lower half first

I distressed the sides a little bit


AFter about the 4th color I finally found one I liked. Thank you Pottery Barn (from now on I will go to their paint pallete first). It's called Sandy Hook Grey, I love it!!! We are really excited how the white brightens up the room

I am not completely done with this room. I need some pictures on the open wall, floor molding and curtains, but these pictures are a pat on my back, so to speak.

I can't go without a mention to Amber Haider www.handyhoney.blogspot.com She really has done some amazing things around her own house. I thought I can do it to! and I'm happy I did :)








8 comments:

Katherine Bettilyon said...

the room looks great!!! Maybe you should come paint our new house when your done with yours! ;)

san said...

Wow Em! You have been busy! I love what you did... Great job!

Leah said...

Awesome Job! What a difference it makes! I only wish I could have been there to help you- I love home improvements (and painting goes much quicker when you have someone fun to talk to:). I need to call you and catch up. I tried the # I have for you last week (cell maybe) and couldn't catch you. Let me know if you have a landline or a good time to call. Miss you bunches!

Daisha said...

It looks so good!

The Hoggan Family said...

You did such a great job! You go girl!

Carina said...

That looks AMAZING!! Great Job!!!

likeschocolate said...

What an amazing renovation!

aballing said...

emily,
the room looks fantastic-you are determined and a hard worker.
You have such a beautiful family, thanks for taking the time to come and visit