Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday in Paris


A little out of order...sorry

After visiting Sacre Couer we walked around the art district. I really liked this artists work, I just couldn't afford it.
They had the yummiest looking bakeries all throughout Paris. Finally, on the last day we endulged.
Our first stop was the market. They had inexpensive, delicious produce and flowers.










beautiful artichokes


It was fun to start out our trip seeing how a true Parisian might live. I always love getting away from tourists.


We spent some time looking at various fabric stores near Sacre Couer. There were so many gorgeous fabrics to choose from. I now have a greater understanding of why Paris is the fashion hub of the world. I bought a few meters in various prints to make some summer clothes for my girls.



Christina, myself and Jody in front of Sacre Couer. This beautiful white Roman Byzantine basilica sits on top of the biggest hill in Paris. It was built in only 44 years 1875-1919.








Here I am in front of the Eiffel Tower






Built 100 years after the French Revolution by Gustav Eiffel. There was a competition for design and the Eiffel Tower won over a giant gullitoine design.


I declined a 2 hour wait to climb to the top, but hold no regrets for my decision.


Marianne, Leah, Christina and Jody enjoying the view before we enjoyed a dinner of ham and cheese crepes.


The Eiffel Tower


1 comment:

JasonBingham said...

Fun Pictures.
Looks like you have Paris 'Checked off your list'. Looks great.
Fun talking to you today.

Jason