Friday, December 4, 2009

weight loss challenge

It's always difficult for me to loose the last 10 to 15 pounds. That magic number on the scale seems out of reach and I'm discouraged as I continually miss the mark.I often drown my discouragment in a bowl of double chocolate chunk ice cream and dream of my weight melting off just as the ice cream melts in my mouth. This has been my baby weight loss cycle.

This week, I tried something different. I set a goal of losing ONE pound. One pound is measurable and achievable. Every morning, I nervously step on the scale to measure my progress. Today the scale was a friend as it read one pound less. Instead of of piling up on chocolate chips cookies, I decided on a large glass of pepermint tea.

My next goal, Is to stay at this weight for 1 week. In the weight loss race I am certainly the tortoise, but eventually the tortoise DOES win the race. I love my new diet, it leaves me feeling empowered, rather then defeated.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Good Job! I need to be strong like this too. I am such an emotional eater and have eaten myself out of my jeans. I need to get back on the healthy living train and lose this weight. Keep of the good work. You can do it!

Courtney said...

Love that advice! That's what I need to do- it's definitely those last 10-15lbs.

Andrew B said...

Good job. But be careful! If you are too thirsty you'll drink that pound right back. At least, until you go to the bathroom.